Laurie Finstrom offers a comprehensive background in mental health treatment and life skills counseling for over 10 years. She holds a Master’s Degree in Counseling from John Brown University and is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She is also a Registered Nurse which gives her uniques understanding about the connection between the mind and body. Therapeutically finding and tracing the mind/body connections restores healing and emotional/physical health.
In a soothing atmosphere she seeks to instill hope and healing, while diminishing fears and worry. With compassion and sensitivity she non-judgementally seeks to join with her clients who are struggling with issues such as anxiety, depression, fear, anger, pain and loss.
Laurie uses a cognitive behavioral approach to change, which in clinical studies has been shown to be the most effective for lasting change. She works to cultivate new and realistic thoughts and behaviors, which then enhances moods and quality of life.
She also is specifically trained as an “Emotionally Focused Therapist”, which with marital couples addresses destructive patterns that have been damaging in the relationship. Identifying the “core emotion” that underlies martital difficulties restores lasting love connections.
- M.S., John Brown University, Siloam Springs,
- B.A., Union College, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Prospectives Behavioral Health Management, Ft. Smith and Fayetteville, Arkansas
- DaySpring Behavioral Health, Springdale, Arkansas
- Private Practice, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
- Private Practice, Center for Psychology, Arkansas
- Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), Bentonville, Arkansas
License and Certifications
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Arkansas
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Arkansas
- Registered Nurse, Arkansas
- Northwest Arkansas Mental Health Counselor’s Association
- American Association for Christian Counselors
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depression Disorders
- Bi-polar and Mood Disorders
- Anger Management
- Relationship Issues
- Divorce Recovery
- Diagnostic and Clinical Work
- Trauma and Abuse Work with Adults and Children
- Group Therapy with Focus on Mood Disorders
- Woman’s Issues
- Marriage and Family Relationship Issues
- John Brown University – Internship
- Seniors and Adults
- Couples, Families and Groups